Butterflyblue

火曜日, 3月 22, 2005

Nagoya Castle


Nagoya Castle
Originally uploaded by moglet.

    This is Nagoya Castle, where I went on Sunday with my friend Sophia. It had been awhile - gasp, a decade - since I'd toured the inside of a Japanese castle, so I was long overdue.
    My favorite parts were the gold fusuma screens on the third floor and the simulation of the castle town on the second floor, which darkened and lightened again to simulate night and morning. Though I liked it, it was a bit disorienting to simulate the area OUTSIDE the castle INSIDE the castle.
    If I'd visited Nagoya next weekend instead of this one, I could have gone to the the World Expo, where they will have excavated remains of a mammoth and various robots. It will be going on for quite awhile (March 25 - Sept. 25; click here for the English site) so I plan to go at another time. I tell myself this was just a rehearsal to see exactly how troublesome it is to go to Nagoya from Kobe on the weekend. It is troublesome, but not unfeasible. A JTE told me that people in Kobe and Osaka make fun of the way people talk in Nagoya, because they think Nagoya dialect sounds like the meowing of a cat.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:52 午前, Anonymous 匿名 said…

    I just wanted to say I've been enjoying your site - I 'discovered' it after the languagehat link to your story about Japanese names. I lived in Japan for five years, two as a CIR on the JET programme, so reading you makes me very natsukashii.
    Also, its a lovely vicarious way for me to stay in touch with Japan! : )
    Mata ne.

     
  • At 11:43 午前, Blogger butterflyblue said…

    Thank you! I'm very happy to hear it. I'm an ALT on the JET programme, nice to meet you! :)

     
  • At 10:04 午後, Blogger I will be a champion said…

    Hellow.Hellow.
    From KOBE.
    I open blog.
    Look.Look.
    How are your bicycle?!

     

コメントを投稿

<< Home