Butterflyblue

月曜日, 12月 13, 2004

Quiz Online

    My first funtrivia quiz is online. If you have read T.C. Boyle's "Drop City," please follow this link to take the quiz. More people need to take it before it can be given a difficulty rating.
    I met my Japanese tutor last night at Modernark Cafe. Both our umbrellas were stolen. We put them in the umbrella rack before we went inside, and when we came out they were gone.
    She is correcting my writing, introducing me to some good poetry, and helping me read こころ. I decided to attempt to read こころ in Japanese because it's the only really famous Natsume Soseki novel I haven't read at least part of in English. The poems I like so far are Nakahara Chuuya's (中原中也, 1907-1937) "Circus" and Hagiwara Sakutarou's (萩原 朔太郎, 1886-1942) "Bamboo".

2 Comments:

  • At 9:08 午前, Blogger Matt said…

    You studied Japanese and Japanese literature without reading even part of "Kokoro"? That's just contrary!

     
  • At 11:37 午前, Blogger butterflyblue said…

    *Hangs head in shame* My teachers didn't actually assign a lot of Soseki, come to think of it. We read the English translation of Tanizaki's "Some Prefer Nettles" --Tade kuu mushi-- in two different classes, though. I'm sure in Japan that would be considered much more "minor" than "Kokoro".

     

コメントを投稿

<< Home