Butterflyblue

月曜日, 11月 01, 2004

The Unhalloween

    Yesterday I went to an alternative bookstore, Village Vanguard, with Takashi. While we were in there, I got a call on my mobile from my vice-principal. I was stressed out at first, thinking that my slacking at school had resulted in some terrible error. What else would be urgent enough to merit a call on a weekend? However, he was just calling to offer me his daughter's old bicycle, which she no longer needs since she got her driver's license.
    Since I wasn't at home he couldn't deliver the bike to me yesterday, but we agreed to meet at the station next Saturday, and he'll give it to me then. I'm happy.
    I didn't buy anything at the bookstore, although I saw some interesting things. I have so much to read right now it's not even funny. I'm almost done with Seirei no Moribito. It's good, but I find the idea of a 11-year old boy carrying an egg from another world inside his body to be a little unsettling. He's a boy, but some of the description makes it sound like he's pregnant. That's just weird.
    The Village Vanguard has a lot of art and photography books (including one with photos of love hotels from all over Japan), books about drugs and fetishes, large sections on certain authors such as Edogawa Ranpo and Yukio Mishima, and some American products like Spam and root beer.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:09 午前, Anonymous 匿名 said…

    You're missing an exciting Halloween in Olympia...and Election Day is day after tomorrow. The Election couldn't get much closer. Happy Halloween!

     
  • At 2:49 午後, Anonymous 匿名 said…

    Oh, I LOVE the Village Vangaurd. In addition to things that swear, they have some of the best gifts and interesting objects on can find in Japan.

    Michael, who will be posting on the warm and fuzzy soon enough

     
  • At 2:06 午後, Blogger Caloovy said…

    Ewwwwwwwwww, Spam.....


    *pukes*

     

コメントを投稿

<< Home