Butterflyblue

水曜日, 10月 20, 2004

Trivia no Izumi Part Two

No.468  "Run Merosu" was inspired by the time the author, Dazai Osamu, had to rush around to pay off a loan.
No.467 There is such a thing as an emerald green cockroach.
No.466 The ancient Egyptians shaved their eyebrows if their pet cat died. If their dog died, they shaved their whole body.
No.465 There is a boy band with Ultraman singing backup vocals.
Trivia Seed No.046 The height of newspaper stands in train stations is about 5m 80cm.
No.464 There is a play based on "Planet of Giants".
No.463 There is a crab that makes a beckoning gesture with its claw to the female to invite her into his lair before mating.
No.462 There is a karaoke single consisting entirely of the shouts of action star Bruce Lee.
No.461 Worried about growing bald, Yamada Kosaku, who composed the song "Red Dragonfly," added the katakana symbol for "hair" (ケ)to the kanji of his last name.
No.460 There is a lake called "Chaagogugagogumanchaugugagoguchaubanagangamaugu".
No.459 The actress who did the voice of "Shinku" (悟空) in Dragon Ball once called a friend and said "Hi! I'm Shinku!" (homophonous with 真空, vacuum, void).
No.458 The most probable die roll is "5".
Trivia Seed No.045 The place Japanese housewives most frequently stash their pin money is in a chest of drawers.
No.457  Once a pro wrestling tournament was held with everyone wearing tiger masks.
No.456 The character "Noppo-san," famous for his line "Dekiru kana?" wrote a play called "Open up! Bonkikki".
No.455 There is a rose called "chinchin" (penis).
No.454 In order to walk without making a sound, ninja walked with their feet standing on the back of their hands.
No.453  In the Warring States period (15th century), there was a samurai general who wore a helmet emblazoned with the word "Love".
No.452 Sanyuutei Koyuuza lit the sacred fire for the Olympics.
No.451 Kentucky Fried Chicken was originally a gas station.
Trivia Seed No.044 Out of all the mascots of Japan's pro baseball teams, the one that can run the fastest is Hokkaido's Nihon Hamfighters' "B.B.".
No.450 In the movie version of "Heidi," the role of "Peter" was played by Charlie Sheen.
No.449 There is a May Doll that has ridden on a motorcycle.
No.448  There is a fossil of dinosaur vomit.
No.447 The Nobel prize was established because Alfred Nobel was deceived by a young woman.
No.446 The Ishiwara Army had a comedy show.
No.445 "Tsuutengaku" belonged to "Yoshimoto Kougyou". (I know Yoshimoto Kougyou is the comedy company associated with manzai, but I don't know the significance of "Tsuutengaku" (通天閣). If anyone knows, please explain! Thanks.


5 Comments:

  • At 11:41 午後, Blogger homodachi said…

    Aww, I meant to watch it tonight and I missed it again! Hope you're doing okay with the typhoon.

    on No.459, I think the usual reading of the character's name is (son) gokuu. The author loosely based the beginning of the story on an old Chinese story called saiyuki/journey to the west, and he was one of the main characters. /geek

     
  • At 9:45 午前, Blogger Evelyn said…

    For 445 - significance comes from 253. 通天閣 was the equivalent of Eiffel Tower in Japan. So the founder 泰三 had wanted to buy 通天閣 when 吉本 expanded to show the company's prestige and to use it as company's monument. I think the original 通天閣 must have been a lot prettier compare to what is there now...

     
  • At 1:31 午後, Blogger butterflyblue said…

    Thank you both. I'm so impressed!

     
  • At 1:46 午後, Blogger butterflyblue said…

    Evelyn - for some reason I can't post a comment on the speech contest, but I read your comment. Thank you for the correction! I'm so embarrassed. It was just my absentmindedness and bad Chinese. I changed the 得 to 的. I know the difference, I just wasn't thinking when I typed it.
    I am using my school's computer, which doesn't have any system for inputting Chinese characters, as far as I know. I just use the Japanese pronunciation. That is, to get 我 I type われ, to get 得 I type とく, and to get 的 I type まと. This technique has obvious limitations though, since there are many Chinese characters that don't exist in Japanese or look different from the Japanese characters. What is your recommendation for inputting Chinese characters?

     
  • At 1:53 午前, Blogger Evelyn said…

    That's ingenious =) I downloaded the Microsoft New Phonetic IME http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=959eb2a2-fac3-4443-999b-8be12734a596&displaylang=en
    There is also Simplified Chinese IME, but I don't know how to use it because I don't know pinyin well.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b91ac197-ffa7-45a7-b1e1-c3457e1b0c1f&displaylang=en
    I hear that チャイニーズライター7 is a good Japanese software for Chinese input, and it can switch between simplied and traditional very easily. I never used it before though.

     

コメントを投稿

<< Home